We had another great Thanksgiving this year! The weather was beautiful (in the 60s) and the food was delicious. The kids were also really good. They are at the age where Daryl and I can actually sit down and enjoy our food and talk with our relatives without getting up every 2.4 seconds. They are all becoming more comfortable with other people which makes it easier for them to just play and have a good time without clinging to Mommy and Daddy for the whole day!
We went to our Thanksgiving worship service last night. It was a great service! I think it was even more meaningful to me after everything that has happened with Savannah's family in the past week. I am so thankful this year for the assurance of salvation that I have through Jesus Christ! This week has made me even more mindful of the despair and sadness surrounding those who don't have that assurance of eternal life with Our King!
We had a lazy Thanksgiving morning. Daryl made pancakes for everyone and Aliyah helped me look at all of the ads (she's my little girly girl!). Aliyah picked out her sparkly shirt and tights to match and insisted on her ruffle skirt. That girl has some style! We headed up to my Grandpa and Grandma Stegink's house for the big Thanksgiving day lunch. It did not disappoint! Delicious! The Lions, unfortunately, did disappoint. It was a great game though . . . just wish the end result was different.
Because the weather was so nice, we headed outside to play after the Lion's game was over. We did lots of running along with some baseball playing and football playing.
So thankful for a great day spent with those that I love the most!
Samuel giving a good swing!
The baseball game
Happy Thanksgiving Day from the Huinink Family
I did convince Aliyah to change into pants for playing outside!
The best picture of the kids . . . and I was talking. Of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment