Friday, November 30, 2012

Kid Quotes



Yesterday I was reading my kids a book and part of the story was about a Daddy that was sad b/c he had a bad day. I asked my kids if their Daddy ever has a bad day. They all shook their heads no. I asked them if Daddy was ever sad and they again shook their heads no. Then I asked, "Does Mommy ever have a bad day?" All three of them answered with a big "Yes!" Hmmmm . . . . :/

Today at the lunch table:
Samuel: "Mommy, does 4 plus 4 make 8?
Me: "Yup! It does!"
Samuel: "So then 4 plus 5 makes 9?"
Me: "Good job!"

Samuel: "And 5 plus 5 makes 10!"

Overheard last week while the kids were watching Daniel Tiger on PBS:
Hope: "They always don't pray before they eat!!"
Samuel: "Yeah . . . that's sad"

On election day, I was explaining to the kids about how it is Election Day for our Country. I told him that Obama is our President right now and that today we could vote to either keep Obama as our President or to have Romney become our President instead. I then told Samuel that I voted for Romney.
Tonight at the dinner table we were talking about the election and Daryl said, "If I could vote, I think I would have voted for Obamney." Samuel piped up and said, "Mommy voted for Uncle Rodney!!" Uncle Rodney . . . Romney . . . it's all the same to a 4 year old!!

Not really a quote . . . but definitely something that I want to remember:
I have a habit of leaving the cupboard doors open while I'm working in the kitchen. Hope always shuts them as soon as she notices they are open. She just ran into the kitchen to tell me something and then went over to shut a cupboard before running back to the living room. Confession: sometimes I leave them open on purpose just to see how long it takes her to notice and close them.

The other day, Hope and Samuel were playing with the play food.  Hope brought Samuel a pretend cupcake with pink/red frosting on top.  Samuel said to her, "Wait Hope, I need to see if this has red 40 in it."  He proceeded to take off the frosting from the cupcake, look under it, and pretend to read it.  He then handed it back to Hope, saying, "Ohhhh, yup.  This does have red 40 in it so I can't eat it."  That boy knows his stuff! ;)

Hope learns best through music.  She loves to listen to music, sing along to CDs, make up her own songs, etc.  Last night, Daryl was whistling 10,000 reasons (Bless the Lord) and she immediately said, "Daddy, that song is 'Oh my soul!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment