- You are wearing size 5 . . . although I noticed while we were camping last week that your pants were getting a little short on you!! Some of your shirts are already 6's but they are a little big.
- Your shoe size is 12/13
- You are right around 50lbs
- You are a true firstborn and have a true firstborn personality. You love getting things "just right" and you get frustrated quickly if things aren't perfectly and exactly the way that you want them to be. My little perfectionist. :)
- You love to play games, your favorites right now are mancala (not many people can beat you at this!) and monopoly junior.
- Your favorite TV shows are Curious George, Caillou, Daniel Tiger, Dora, Bubble Guppies, and Tom and Jerry. We recently introduced you to Tom and Jerry and you giggle through the whole thing!
- You asked for rice for your birthday supper so we had rice (with brown sugar, of course!), applesauce, and vegetables. Your favorite foods are muffins, zucchini bread, apples, bananas, applesauce, cucumbers, pancakes, rice, "smashed" potatoes, pb and j sandwiches, tacos, marshmallows, s'mores, chocolate chips, and ice cream. You don't like green beans, milk, and you still aren't too crazy about meats.
- Your laughter is contagious. Never stop laughing, buddy!
- You are very excited to start school at home this year. You are advanced in math and love anything to do with numbers. You look for all of the speed limit signs, you love clocks and telling time (digital and analog), and you count anything and everything that can be counted. You know your odd and even numbers and you can count by 2's, 3's, 4's, and 10's. You love addition. You are starting to get really good at writing your name and a lot of your numbers. You are starting to show interest in the sounds that letters make.
- Today, on your 5th Birthday, you stopped saying "va-linna" instead of vanilla. When I asked you what kind of cake you wanted, you shouted out "vanilla!" Your Dad and I looked at each other with sad looks on our faces - our little boy is growing up! You still say "hanger-burg" for hamburger . . . we'll see how much longer that lasts.
- We gave you the option to either go bowling tonight or miniature golfing. You chose miniature golfing. Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Ben, Aunt Anna, and Grace all came with us. You golfed a 66 . . . Mommy golfed a 54. Pretty soon you'll be golfing better than Mommy! On the 5th hole (on your 5th birthday!) you got a hole in one!
The sun comes up, It's a new day dawning, It's time to sing your song again! What ever may pass and whatever lies before me, Let me be singing when the evening comes!
Wednesday, September 4, 2013
Samuel Jack: 5 years old
I can't believe I have a big 5 year old boy! You are my favorite 5 year old in the whole world. I love you SO much. You are growing and changing so quickly. I wish I could write everything down but I just don't have that kind of time (or memory!). So, here are the things that I do have time for and the things that I do remember. And more than anything, Mommy's desire is for you to grow up to love Jesus and be a man after His own heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment