I just got these pictures off of my Mom's camera (so I'm posting these pictures 4+ months after January 12th) but they were too cute to not share! Samuel and I went (a very last minute thrown t together plan!) to a Western Michigan Broncos basketball game and I dropped the girls off to take a nap at my parent's house. Daryl was already over there working with my Dad on making a bookshelf for our basement. I think the temperature was in the low 50s, if I remember right, which is why Daryl and Dad picked this day to work on the bookshelf because they could work on it out in the garage without freezing their hands off! I love the expression on the girls' faces - such precious, beautiful girls!
Samuel and I had fun at the basketball game too, even though the Broncos lost. It was a fun mother/son date! Samuel is totally into basketball and he pays close attention to the game! He has no problem sitting through a whole game. A few days after this, he was disappointed when he came to the realization that wouldn't be going to all of the Bronco basketball games. I tried to explain to him that games are expensive and it is a special treat to go to one. He was not happy about it. And then, totally unplanned, he ended up going to 4 Bronco basketball games this year! The one on this day, one with my parents (while Daryl was in Haiti), one with his grandparents, myself, and his sisters (free lunch included in the tickets and Daryl was still in Haiti), and then one more during Western's spring break (super cheap tickets!) with his Grandparents and his Daddy (yes, Daryl finally got to a game!). So much for the "lesson" I was trying to teach him about how one Bronco basketball game is more than enough each year and he should be thankful for the one he was able to go to. Ha!!
No comments:
Post a Comment