The sun comes up, It's a new day dawning, It's time to sing your song again! What ever may pass and whatever lies before me, Let me be singing when the evening comes!
Monday, November 11, 2013
Duplos and Baby Jesus
The girls made a duplo creation tonight with Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus along with some wise men and shepherds. Joseph was riding an elephant and Mary was riding a dinosaur . . . but it sure was cute and creative! From there, it turned into Hope re-enacting a lot of the story of Jesus' life on earth complete with phrases like "then He went to the garden to pray . . . " and "the disciples were together in a locked room when suddenly Jesus appeared". The memory that Hope has for Bible stories, catechism answers, and prayers and songs absolutely amazes me. They also made a cross out of duplos and I heard many sound affects as they were nailing Jesus to the cross. They had 3 nails and Hope reminded me that the soldiers weren't nice to Jesus at all. I wish that I could have heard more of her acting it out but if she knows we are watching/listening she will get embarrassed and stop playing. I also wish I would have gotten a picture of the whole set-up but by the time I got around to it, most of it was taken apart. I just love how Hope has such a heart for Bible stories and Jesus. It makes this Mommy's heart happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment