Sunday, February 10, 2013

Dark Skin, Baby Names, and Camels


I stayed home from the Wednesday night programs at Church so that Samuel and Aliyah could go to bed on time.  They were both cranky and tired and sound asleep by 8:00pm.  Hope went to her class at Church while Daryl went to his class.  Samuel and Aliyah waved to them out the front window when they left for church.  I asked Aliyah if Hope was waving back at them.  Samuel told me that they couldn't see Hope and Aliyah chimed in with "yeah, cuz her has dark skin."  Samuel corrected her and told her it was because the van windows were dark. ;)  Always the big brother!

Friday night at supper, were talking about boy names and girl names.  Samuel said, "How about if it is a boy we name him Kaelyn?"  (Cute name for a girl but not a name on our list!)  I told him that was a girl's name.  He said, "Then how about Boy-lyn?  Is that a boy's name?"  Ha ha ha!  Maybe we should put it on our list. ;)

I bought both of the girls a little cami to wear under some of their thinner shirts.  (And just because I thought they were so stinkin' cute!)  They both love to wear them, but Aliyah loves to wear hers.  This morning, I convinced her to take it off so that I could wash it (she had worn it all day yesterday and then slept with it on too).  Tonight, I was putting her pajamas on when she kept asking to wear her "purple camel". It took me a few minutes to figure out that she meant her purple cami!  Needless to say, she is sound asleep in her bed tonight with her purple cami on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment