- Last Sunday morning, Daryl and I were having breakfast with Aliyah (she is our early bird! The other two were still in bed). Aliyah's breakfast request was a boiled egg. As she was eating her egg, I started pouring myself some cereal. I hear a little voice from over at the table singing, "If you have cereal, I will have an egg!" And then followed by, "Isn't that a great song, Mommy?" She often does this - puts her thoughts to songs. It is the cutest. thing. ever. She is always singing - whether it be songs she makes up or other songs she knows. I think she gets the idea of making up songs like that from "Daniel Tiger" on PBS. She loves this show and Daniel Tiger always has little songs for different things that come up during his day.
- I was cleaning up the house an afternoon this past week. My back has really been hurting me with this pregnancy. I bent down to pick something up and when I stood back up, I grabbed my back and groaned a little bit. As I'm walking to put the item away, I hear Aliyah say "Just go lay on the couch, Mommy!" From the mouths of 2 year olds . . . . :)
- (Setting a cup of water on the edge of the bathtub) "This is for Samuel and Hope. I'm going to leave this here until Jesus comes."
Hope is my spunky, imaginative, and creative little girl. She has a unique (and adorable!) way of piecing her thoughts together. I absolutely love to listen to her and to try and view the world from her perspective! I wish I could remember more of the cute phrases she comes up with, but here's a few examples:
- "I colored his smiler!" (after coloring someone's mouth on the coloring page she was working on)
- "My nose smells yummy!" (when she came upstairs while I was making supper)
No comments:
Post a Comment