Monday, February 25, 2013

Daryl's Week in Haiti

While Daryl was doing this . . . .

We were doing this . . . 


Daryl had a great week in Haiti and was able to get a lot accomplished.  We also had a great week here at home.  My parents were a huge help.  They were either over here or we were over there every night for supper.  My Mom often helped with putting them all to bed and they watched all of the kids (and took them to Church!) this morning while I went to Detroit to pick Daryl up at the airport.  We had a lot of people praying over us for good health and we did all stay healthy!  Praise God!  We apparently forgot to pray for our house though because we suffered through a few house "mishaps": a broken water softener (water kept running through it constantly because the timer got jammed - my Dad had to come over late one night to shut off the valve so the water would bypass the softener), a garage door that wouldn't shut (again, my Dad had to come over around 9pm to figure it out for me!), and then the worst of the three - a miniature flood in our storage area in the basement.  I was getting Hope ready for dance on Friday morning when Samuel went downstairs into the storage room to get his little basketball hoop.  He came upstairs and said, "Mommy, I think my basketball hoop is leaking because there is water on the floor downstairs!"  Heart sinking, I ran downstairs to find water all over the storage room floor.  It could have been so much worse but as it was, I called my Dad again and he came over and cleaned it up with the wet vac.  The water was under heavy filing cabinets that I couldn't move and there was no way I could spend the time needed on the clean-up while taking care of my kids.  So thankful that my parents live close and that they are both willing to pitch in and help when I need it!  I'm also glad that Samuel went down to the storage room early on Friday morning because who knows when I would have noticed it!  Probably not until hours later - especially because we were getting ready to bring Hope to dance class.  My major lower back pain has also disappeared this week which has made it a lot easier for me to keep up with the kids.  So thankful for the prayer warriors that prayed us through this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment