Today was one of those days where we all had a really difficult morning. I was trying to settle things down and gain some order to the morning by doing an Easter craft with the kids. Samuel ended up getting frustrated and throwing a fit over copying down the letters "HAPPY EASTER" onto his Easter egg that he had just cut out. I was helping him through his frustration when I heard Aliyah say, "hair everywhere!!" I turned towards her and saw long blonde hair all over the table. It took a few seconds before my brain comprehended what my eyes saw. Aliyah was as shocked as I was, I think. I cried, she cried. We talked about how we only cut paper and how it is never okay to cut hair. She took a chunk out of the right side and it really isn't all that noticeable, I keep telling myself that it could have been much worse. Because I didn't see her do it, I'm not sure if it was intentional or unintentional. Samuel was sitting over on the futon (where I sent him to calm down from his meltdown over copying the letters) freaking out and saying over and over again, "Is it bleeding? Is it bleeding?" There was a lot of chaos in the Huinink basement as this all unfolded!
The day continued to be a struggle. Complete with Samuel dumping a plate full of crumbs all over his head when he picked up his plate to ask for a second sandwich. I had to laugh. Because really, what else are you going to do? Hair grows back, crumbs sweet up . . . all these days are fleeting and I absolutely love the ages of my kids right. Some days are just like this. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment