Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Emails to Aunt Anna

With Aunt Anna being in Australia my kids have been missing her a lot and talking about her a lot.  I finally sat down with them so that they could write an email to her.  We wrote this right after we went to Shedd Aquarium in Chicago which I have not blogged about yet (but I will! I promise!) so don't be too confused.  Here's the email, it's pretty cute:


Hey Anna,
Your email was lovely.  We had a lovely weekend as well.  We spent Saturday at the Shedd Aquarium.  That was also lovely.  Okay, I'm already sick of that word.  I'm done.

Samuel says:
We saw a shark and a sawfish at the aquarium.  We saw jellyfish and Mommy said she got stung by one when she was swimming.  And we saw Nemo!  We saw crashing waves at the aquarium too.  I didn't like that.  I put my hands over my ears.  We could stand above the sting rays on glass and watch them swim around.  We saw a King Crab and it said that they live in Australia.  Have you seen one?  We saw eels eating squid with little fish inside.  That was fun.  The dolphin show was fun and one dolphin jumped really high.  I hope that you come back to Michigan soon because I want you to come back in one sleep.  (Please don't let this sway your decision as to when you come home - they all really miss you!!)  Is there anything to play with in Australia?  (I think he's worried you might be bored - haha!)  I have one more thing to say: That was so nice of Daddy to bring Mommy those flowers.

Aliyah says:
I don't want to say anything.  **5 minutes later after she got braver, she decided she had some things to say: We saw the dolphins jump all together.  We saw the sharks swim.  

Hope says:
I love my sister.  I don't have a fever (she has had one the past few days).  We went to the aquarium and we saw a sea otter and some dolphins.  We saw some sharks.  We saw some whales (beluga) and dolphins jumping.

**Now they are all distracted by arguing about if boogers stink**

So now I can't remember what I was going to tell you.  The kids also wanted you to know that we got an alphabet puzzle from Abigail and Isaac Mulder for Christmas and the "K" animal is a Kangaroo.  They are always very quick to point out now that it is not a Kangaroo, it is a "Roo" and it doesn't start with K.  Smarty pants.  

Alright, gotta go.  All the kids are pulling me away in different directions.  Open gym today at The Point so we are headed over there later.  A Broncos game tomorrow night with Samuel.  Savannah's birthday party on Thursday night.  Kevin and Karin and their 4 kids are coming to visit next weekend.  Daryl, Samuel, Kevin, Ephraim, Noel, Dad, and Caden are going to the Griffins game on Saturday night.  And now I'm pushing it . . . gotta go.  Love you!

Sara


And then the next day, Samuel decided he had more to tell his Aunt Anna:

Samuel has more to say to you:
At the aquarium, all the fishes like each other and the sting rays don't sting the fish.  Some of Mommy's flowers on the table are getting dead (2+ weeks is an impressive length of time for me to keep flowers alive!).  Last night WMU basketball lost by 4, 89-85.  I went to the game with Grandma and Grandpa and Daddy and me.  The Broncos were white and the other team was red.  Number 21 and I think number 32 on white are a pretty bit taller.  And that's all I want to say to her!!  Oh, I want to say, "I miss you Anna"

1 comment:

  1. These are always my highlight :) I absolutely love it! And I would love to skype with them soon :)

    ReplyDelete