Friday, March 22, 2013

And a few more . . .

Samuel is really into the whole March Madness craze this year. He even filled out his own brackets (and is doing quite well so far!!). It's like his dream come true to have so many basketball games on! We're watching the Cincinnati/Creighton game and he saw Cincinnati's shorts and said, "Those are funny. Maybe they wanted to wear their swimsuits!"

Samuel: Grandma, your new swimsuit is big!
Grandma: Do you think it will fit me?
Samuel: No
Grandma: Is it too big or too small?
Samuel: Too small.
Grandma: (thinking) Thanks, Samuel......I should not have asked :)

Aliyah has been having a lot of anxiety over going to bed lately.  She acts scared about being upstairs and it being dark.  We've been praying with her about it and talking her through it.  This morning when she came downstairs:
Aliyah: Mommy, I fell asleep and I wasn't scared!
Me: Good girl, Aliyah! Mommy is so proud of you!
Aliyah: Because God is with me!
Me: He sure is, sweet girl!
Aliyah: And God is watching over me!
..... Fast forward about an hour ..... Hope and Aliyah went upstairs to make their beds.  I hear Aliyah starting to come down the stairs .....
Hope: Aliyah! Wait for me!
Aliyah: It's okay, Hope! God is with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment