Today was a special day at dance class. It was the last dance class before Christmas, so Miss Niki invited the parents to come in and watch, take pictures, video, etc. On the way to dance, I tried to prepare Hope for the fact that there would be a lot of Mommies and maybe some Daddies watching her and her friends dance. I was a little unsure of how she would do, just because she tends to get really shy and reserved when asked to perform in front of other people.
When we pulled up to Miss Niki's house, Hope asked, "Is Daddy coming too?" I said, "No honey, he won't be here today" (kicking myself for not even thinking of asking him to come along!). Hope got sad and said, "But Miss Niki said that Mommies and Daddies could come!" Oh dear. We got inside and down into the studio and just as I was telling the other Moms about what a horrible Mom I was feeling like b/c I didn't tell Daryl to come too, in walks Daryl!! What a great surprise for Hope and for myself!!
Hope pretty much refused to dance in front of everyone. A lot of the girls in her class performed without reservation, but Hope and a couple other ones just stood there and did a few tiny dance moves here and there. At one point, Hope looked like she was going to start crying. Poor girl! Niki reassured us that usually Hope participates a lot more than what she did today. That was good to hear . . . but we'll have to keep working on dancing in front of an audience so that in May, when it's rehearsal time, she's prepared to dance in front of a large group of people!!
** Edited later to add: Hope also spiked a really high fever the next day and got sick with the respiratory flu so that may have been part of why she didn't feel like participating.**
Back: Mallory, Laney, Hope, Abigail, Mya
Front: Skylar, Cece, Vivian
I got a little sniffly when you said Daryl showed up. Super dad. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's just how Simon is in front of a group. I'm with ya.