Monday, December 17, 2012

Sick Kids: Flu 2012!!

It's official: We have been hit with the respiratory flu!  Hope started yesterday with a fever and cough and Samuel followed shortly after with the same symptoms.  Daryl stayed home from Church with all three kids this morning while I went to Church (I had to teach Little Lambs).  Today we laid around all day and watched a lot of movies - including Cinderella . . . twice!  The kids didn't have energy to do much of anything.  Aliyah isn't acting quite herself but she just has a low-grade fever . . . and that isn't even all of the time.  Hope has thrown up a couple of times today from coughing so hard and having so much junk in her throat.  I hate seeing my poor babies so sick!  Samuel fell asleep at 4:30pm and pretty much slept until the next morning at 8!  I woke him up around 5 and he was just miserable and asking to go sleep in his bed.  I finally let him because I knew he felt horrible and sleep was really want he needed.  I was really nervous he'd wake up during the night and be wide awake but I guess he really needed that sleep.  He woke up a few times in the evening and I'd just rub his back for a few minutes until he drifted off again.  
** Hope ended up having a fever for 6 days, Samuel for about 4.  Aliyah just hung out with a low-grade fever off and on along with a little cough and runny nose.  She definitely didn't get it as bad as her brother and sister!  Daryl never got sick and I felt crummy for a couple of days and had a little cough and sore throat but no fever.







No comments:

Post a Comment