Daryl went home to get the other kids shortly after we got up to our room. While he was gone, I started feeling really nauseous and dizzy. The nurse gave me some phenergan so that I would be feeling better by the time the kids got there to see Karys. It did work and I felt much better but it also made me more drowsy. The kids were so excited to meet their new baby sister. I was worried how Samuel would react to the news because he was so hoping for a brother. When Daryl talked to him on the phone and told him it was a sister he got a huge smile on his face and whispered to the girls in an excited voice, "It's a girl!!!" No mention ever of wishing that Karys was a boy. And Aliyah, of course, was over the top excited because throughout my whole pregnancy she was convinced it was a girl. If anyone ever said "he" or "him" when referring to the baby she would right away say, "NO! HER!" She was pretty confident that she was getting her little sister - and she was right! I love the expressions on all of my kids' faces during this first meeting with their newest sibling. They were so sweet with her! It was also very special to have Grandma Neil be able to meet Karys so soon after she was born. We were so thankful that she was able and willing to come and watch the kids for us. (My parents had Anna's Honor's Convocation at Cornerstone this afternoon so they weren't able to watch the kids for us!)
Unfortunately, the hospital isn't the greatest place for three kids under 5 years of age so they only stayed for about a half an hour before heading to McDonald's with Daddy and Grandma Neil for supper!
No comments:
Post a Comment