Friday, May 3, 2013

The Delivery

Ready to head for the hospital and find out if our kids are going to have a brother or a sister!

One last "baby bump" picture!  A little nervous but very excited to finally meet this little one!


It's a GIRL!  Daryl was able to stand up and peek over the curtain to announce it when Dr Lomax delivered her.  Dr Lomax's first words were "this isn't a little baby girl either!"  The week before, Dr Lomax guessed that it was a girl - he was right!  I didn't believe him . . . I was still leaning towards boy up until the time I heard the words "It's a girl!" come out of Daryl's mouth.

She came out screaming!!

Just hanging out!  Waiting to give my baby girl hugs and kisses!  (This picture is a great visual image of the disadvantage of having a c-section!)

Almost 9 lbs.  My littlest baby yet!  Dr Lomax also guessed (at my pre-op appointment a couple days earlier) that this baby would be "upper 8's" for weight.  He was right on!  I was still thinking bigger - closer to 9 1/2 to 10lbs.  Dr Lomax was right on size and gender . . . and I didn't believe him on either!!  I guess his 25 years of experience do count for something! ;)

First picture of our baby girl with Mommy and Daddy!  Karys didn't have a name until about 4 hours after she was born.  We were going back and forth between Karys Alexandra and Emma Alexandra.  We settled on the name Karys about the time we got out of recovery and up to our room on the mother/baby floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment